The Information Technology Technician fields focus on a different side of computers than programming and engineering. Their focus is more making computers, networks, and computer systems work. Think the “Geek Squad”. These fields focus more on professional certifications rather than 4-year university degrees. Every business, large and small, that has computers and computer systems (which is almost every business nowadays) has a computer tech to assist them with the computer systems. These jobs are in every career and all over the world.
The focus of these fields are more:
- Computer maintenance and repair
- Network administration
- System administration
- Operating systems
- Computer security
Local schools and programs for this are
Professional Certifications in this area include
- CompTia A+ Certification: basic computer hardware, networking, and troubleshooting with basic operating systems knowledge.
- Network+ Certification: Basic network design and implementation.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- Linus Certification
- Computer Security: