This class is a survey class of computer science and the fundamentals of computer programming. The course will cover a wide variety of topics around how computer systems are designed, maintained, and used. It is designed to give the students an introduction to the wide variety of jobs within the computer science field.
- Notebook or note-taking device
- Do onto others as you want them to do onto you.
- If you want to be treated like an adult, act like an adult.
- My job is to teach. Your job is to learn. I have a problem with whatever gets in the way of us doing our jobs.
- Digital Classroom Expectations
Grading is done on a point-based system. Your grade will be based on a straight percentage of the points that you earn. The points, though, will be roughly distributed in with Tests and Projects ~= 80% and Homework and daily work ~= 20%. The final exam will be ~ 15% of the semester grade.
Homework will be given on an occasional basis depending on the topic.
Depending on the assignment, late work may or not be accepted. Some projects are time and group sensitive and cannot be made up. Many individual assignments, though, can be turned in late for credit. A zero, though, will be placed in the gradebook for assignments not turned in on time. For assignments that can be turned in late, the grade earned will be entered when the assignment is turned in.
This syllabus is subject to change and revision.