Students will learn how to create a simple rig and attach it to a mesh.
- Rigs: bones, parenting, pose mode
- Parent skeleton to mesh
- Weight painting
Model a simplistic humanoid or animal mesh and attach a basic armature rig to the model.
- Humanoid or animal mesh subject.
- The mesh object should be a simple humanoid or animal mesh. It can be just a stick figure with no face or defining features.
- You can use an object from a prior assignment or a pre-generated character.
- Subject should have a simple color, material, and/or texture applied.
- Needs the following 10 bones/joints
- Head / neck
- Torso /waist
- Upper Arm / Shoulders x 2
- Lower Arm / Elbows x 2
- Upper Leg / Hip x 2
- Lower Leg / Knee x 2
- The torso should be the root bone of all of the bones.
- The parent-child structure should go out from the torso to the limbs appropriately.
- The rigging fits the mesh subject properly.
- The character mesh deforms properly as the rig is posed.
Blender Fundementals 2.8 tutorials
Grade / Topic
Humanoid Animal Mesh Subject