Students will demonstrate their ability to use recursion by writing a program to check if a word or phrase is a palindrome.
Write a recursive program to check to see if a string is palindrome. Your program should
- Ask the user to input a string from the console and check to see if the string is a palindrome.
- Ignore capitals and spaces.
- The String methods .toLowerCase, .replaceAll, .charAt, and .substring will help with this program.
- Output to the console whether or not the string is a palindrome.
- Use a recursive method to check for a palindrome.
Edhesive T1 Lesson 36: Recursion
Edhesive T1 Lesson 37: Recursion with method returns
AP College Board 10.1: Recursion
AP College Board 10.2: Recursive Searching and Sorting